Using Visitor Profiles
LiveEngage lets you create multiple instances of the following elements:
These elements can be grouped together in a Visitor Profile. You can create multiple visitor Profiles allowing you to present different visitor experiences in different languages, or across different business units.
For example, you could create English and Chinese Visitor Profiles. Each profile can contain an Engagement Window, canned responses, system messages and surveys in the appropriate language for display to your visitor. Alternatively, if you sell clothing and electronic goods, you can create separate profiles for each business unit, each with its own distinct branding.
Creating Visitor Profiles
Start by building your instances of Engagement Windows, canned responses, system messages and surveys
- Create an Engagement Window for each profile at Visitor Experience > Chat > Window Editor. Click New Window to create a new window experience for the visitor. Customize the window per your requirements and press Save All when you are finished. A window instance can be used in one or more Visitor Profiles.
- Create Pre chat, Exit, Offline and Operator surveys at Visitor Experience > Chat > Surveys. Each survey can be used in one or more Visitor Profiles.
- Create canned response sets at Content Management > Chat > Canned Responses. A Visitor Profile can have one or more sets of canned responses.
- Create system message sets for each profile at Content Management > Chat > System Messages.
Go to Visitor Experience > Profiles and create the new profile. Define which Engagement Windows, surveys , canned responses and system messages are presented to the visitor and agent when this profile is used.
- Enter a unique name and description for this profile
- Skill assignment: Select the skill or skills to which this profile applies. Chats in these skills will automatically use this profile.
- Enable Pre-Chat Survey: Enable or disable the pre-chat survey
- Active Pre Chat Survey: Select a pre-chat survey for use in this profile
- Enable Exit Survey: Enable or disable the exit survey
- Active Exit Survey: Select an exit survey to use in this profile
- Enable Operator Survey: Enable or disable the operator survey
- Active Operator Survey: Select an operator survey to use in this profile
- Active Offline Survey: The offline survey to use (always enabled)
- Active Window: Select an Engagement Window
- Active System Message Sets: Select a system message set for this profile
- Active Canned Answer Sets: Select one or more canned answer sets to use for chats in this profile.
Define where a profile will be used
If you have assigned a Visitor Profile to a skill or skills, any chats from that skill will automatically use that profile.
Alternatively, you can use LivePerson’s Rules Engine to determine when a Visitor Profile or any of it’s distinct elements are used.
Go to Rules > Visitor Rules and create a new rule. Define the Condition which will trigger the rule, for example: visitors from a certain country or visitors browsing a certain area of your website. The rule Action should be Set Visitor Profile.
Note: You can also choose individual components of a visitor profile with rule actions.